Therefore I started to analyze the Kies pack, and finally developed a method to convert the Kies files to Odin-able
How to install?
Goto Settings , Application , Development & enable USB Debugging.
Stop Kies, PC Antivirus & Kies and end all active ADB sessions.
1. Install the necessary files and firmware package.
2. Unzip the firmware package. You’ll get three tar files (or tar.md5 files).
3. Charge your Galaxy Y atleast 75%.
4. Boot your phone in Download Mode pressing Vol Down + Power Key + Home Button together.
5. When warning screen appears,
press Volume Up key to get in Odin mode.
If you are running Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 then open Odin in administrator mode.
6. Select PDA_xxxx.tar in PDA, PHONE_xxxxx.tar in Phone & CSC_xxxxx.tar in CSC.
7. Leave all other things as it is.
8. Connect your phone to PC.
You should see a yellow light on top left corner box:
9. Select Start button in Odin.
Flashing will start immediately, wait 1-3 minutes, until you don’t get green PASS! in the upper left box:
If stuck on boot animation then
- Boot your phone in Stock Recovery.
- Remove battery
- Re-insert battery & wait 30 sec.
- Press Vol Up + Power Key + Home Button at the same time.
- When Galaxy Y logo appears, release the Power button.
- When Recovery menu appears,
release the Home Button first, then finally Vol Up button.
- Wipe Data (not cache).
- Select reboot system now.
When phone starts, it is highly recommended to set your CSC via Dialer. Dial *#272*(your imei)#. To see your IMEI number dial *#06#.
Note: You have to set the CSC after flashing Stock ROM via Odin and setting up CSC will delete all data in your phone but not SD Card.
Firmware Package of India (125 MB)
Samsung Galaxy Y Driver Pack (88.3 MB)
Odin v1.84 (169 KB)
WARNING!! This process is tested and working on Samsung Galaxy Y & I am not responsible for any damage so try it at your own risk!